Mountain of the Star
Tuesday 24 September 2019
Gravel Travel !!
Venue and Directions
Rugby Field on the NMU George Campus
Online Entries Closed
21km – R250
12km – R180
6km – R60 (Fun Run)
21km – 7h30
12km – 7h45
6km – 8h00
21km – Runners & Walkers who have not reached Water Point 1 (~5.5km) by 9h00 will be short coursed to the 12km route.
12km – 3 hours for both Runners and Walkers
6km – Fun Run
An IPICO timing chip will be made available on a loan basis, to all participants apart from ASWD licensed athletes who are to use their current personalised chip. If you forget your chip a loan chip is R20. Replacement chip R75. The chip is to be worn on your shoe for the duration of the event. Participants will be held responsible for lost or damaged chips or those not handed back as required. It remains your responsibility to return the chip to the race organizer even in the event of not completing.
All Online and Pre-Entries for the 12km and 21km will receive a Buff and Goody Bag!
Click link below
Online Entries close Friday 20 September at 12h00
Sportsmans Warehouse – Eden Meander
Top Gear – Mead Street
Sportscentre – Eden Meander
Late Entries and Number Collection:
Sportsmans Warehouse – Eden Meander
Sunday 22 September 2019 @ 10h00 – 14h00
Late entries will attract a R20 premium on advertised fees
Late Race Day Entries and Number Collection at NMU George Campus from 6h00 – 7h00
Race day entries will attract a R20 premium on advertised fees.
No age category prizes will be available. All participants will compete for first, second and third position respectively.
Male: 1st Prize – R500; 2nd Prize – R400; 3rd Prize – R300
Female: 1st Prize – R500; 2nd Prize – R400; 3rd Prize – R300
Male: 1st Prize – R400; 2nd Prize – R300; 3rd Prize – R200
Female: 1st Prize – R400; 2nd Prize – R300; 3rd Prize – R200
Medals to all Finishers
Trail Running heaven. Majority of the route is single tracks with a ~9km of mountain jeeptrack for the 21km
- The Safety Officer and Event Organizer’s decision is final. They reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
- Due to the nature of this route, club clothing are not required to be worn. Only the event number will be worn on the front.
- Minimum age to compete: 21km – 16 years; 12km – 14 years; 6km – 9 years.
- Run Walk for Life Athlete medical insurance cover is available for all participants during this event.
- No seconding from cyclist or private vehicles will be allowed on route.
- No Earphones (ASA Rule 34.10.6), Animals (ASA Rule 34.10.1), Racers (ASA Rule 34.10.3), or Wheelchairs (ASA Rule 34.10.4) allowed.
- Spectators will not be allowed to follow the runners.
- Marshalls will be on the route, please obey their instructions.
- Refreshment tables shall be provided.
- Littering and damaged to the environment will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- All containers and packaging must be carried out and only disposed of at the official support stations, littering boxes on the route or at the finish.
- Immediate disqualification if a runner tamper with the route markings.
- Qualified First Aider’s will be on duty with doctors on standby.
- Ablution facilities are available at the start / finish, please keep it clean and tidy!
- We regret no up or down grades.
Because of the remoteness of the trails, they are not all accessible by vehicles. Therefore, a compulsory gear list is mandatory for the 12km and 21km.
- Min 500ml Water,
- Wind Breaker Jacket,
- Space Blanket,
- Emergency Food &
- Your Own Cup
Mako Events Team: 060 772 9291
Run Walk For Life: 076 682 1286
INDEMNITY / DISCLAIMER: By entering this event, I undertake to be bound by the rules and regulations of this event including those of IAAF and ASA.
I warrant that I am in good health and aware of the risks and dangers of physical nature of this sporting event, and do not claim ignorance of these risks and dangers. I hereby accept that I participate in the event entirely at my own risk and I release and discharge, to the fullest extent allowed in law, the organizers of the event, all sponsors, persons and organizations assisting in the staging of the event, provincial and national athletics bodies and all local authorities from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from my participation in the event including pre- and post-race activities.
I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity.
IN THE CASE OF A MINOR: THE PARENT NEEDS TO COMPLETE THE ENTRY FORM
MINOR RELEASE: I, the minor’s parent and/or legal guardian, understand the nature of athletic activities and the minor’s experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified, in good health and in proper physical conditions to participate in such activity and I enter into this Indemnity/Waiver on behalf of the minor.